SISTER'S OREGON, April '08

We spent a weekend in Sisters Oregon. It was very snowy. We had snow driving through the pass and it snowed on and off all weekend, even when the sun was out! We stayed at the Fivepine Lodge - in a cabin - very nice and cozy.http://www.fivepinelodge.com/

We liked the cabin, but would choose #29 next time - it has more privacy. Below is a picture of the bed area that made this a "caboose" cabin. ...great space for the kids...
Max is all set to play a hot game of chess with me. I thought it was a great idea to incorporate a chess board in this table. These chairs faced the fireplace and huge flat screen tv. We brought a few dvds and enjoyed family movie time. The boys went swimming at the fitness center while I worked out in the cardio room. I know you are surprised that I worked out - it was only because there were many tvs in front of the treadmill - golf and reality shows - it was very entertaining!
One night we walked to the Sister's Movie house (just across the parking lot from the cabin) and took in a film. Clark and I watched Nim's Island and Max and Tim saw 21 (Max has a strong interest in gambling!)
Big surprise when we returned to the cabin. Uncle Brad had dessert delivered for our birthday celebration. It was yummy chocolate lava cake. Thanks brother! I'm posting this picture of myself for you Sarah :) ..me with cake.. very good!

Sunday, included a trip to the Shibui Spa - it was a lovely spa. Sunday morning is a good time to hit the Spa - I had the place to myself. We had lunch at the best milkshake shop in town -Sno Cap - and headed home. More snow in the pass....

April in Oregon... I bet all the skiers are happy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment