Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ho Ho Ho










Merry Christmas!
I must say I am glad the holidays are done and over with for another year. Saw a sign in Bend for "Festivous" - it's sounding better and better... not really. It is fun to decorate and shop with friends and bake cookies and wrap presents and lunch with friends and go to church and have parties and send out cards and buy gifts and grocery shop and grocery shop and grocery shop (I have a reserved parking space at Fred Meyers now) - but not necessarily in a three week time span. I swear it's like managing the most important project of the year - with the biggest drop dead timeline - all tasks must be complete by 12/25! Of course, I still have cards sitting on my kitchen counter waiting for addresses to be mailed. Maybe next year all tasks will be completed!
The most special thing about this Christmas was the weather - it was beautiful. We drove to Terry Lee's house the Saturday night before Christmas for our ravioli party. Some roads were closed so we found other roads to get over the Oregon City hills. Every one's Christmas lights were lite and the drive was just magical.
This is the Clackamas County Courthouse 12/20/08
Max said "God must have wanted to make sure this bad year was ending really pretty". Max was referring to the economy, but I thought about the friends we've lost.
Good things happened last year too, right? Hope won - I hope. What can we do to help that hope? I wonder...
Glad tidings to you and yours...


Molalla ave, closed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics. Happy 2009!